Welcome to the website for the Junior section of Avon Valley Runners.
The Junior section started with just a handful of runners in April 2012 but is growing.
Training for juniors takes place as follows:
Monday nights (7pm)- Trowbridge Rugby Club - Event group speed endurance (attendance criteria applies, please see
Wednesday nights (6pm) -
Trowbridge Rugby Club - Inclusive Training (ages 11+ please see below for attendance criteria) all runners
For more information on the options available and criteria for each session please contact us at:
JAVR aims to help all junior runners achieve their best, in a fun, safe and supportive environment. The welfare of junior runners is a priority for the club and we have adopted the UK Athletics Safeguarding Policy and procedures (link below)
Please see our seperate welfare page for further details and welfare officer contacts.
Criteria for juniors attending sessions:
- Juniors must regularly be attending on a Wednesday evening.
Juniors are all assessed before joining sessions regularly. Our Monday sessions are invitational only other than during the summer break when we may reduce to one joint session per week.
- Juniors should be running 2-3 x per week.
- Juniors must be affiliated with JAVR and also have EA membership?
- Those attending should have a genuine interest in running and want to improve their times.
- Those attending must be regularly competing and should be showing interest to compete in Wiltshire Junior Road Race fixtures, GWENT XC, County fixtures and support club events/competitions.
- Monday evenings is based on invite only. Due to coaching capacity and limited facilities we don’t have capacity for high numbers. The coaches delivering the sessions need to be fully confident that those attending will behave in such a fashion that they don’t put themselves or anyone else in the group at risk.
- A discussion between the junior, parent and JAVR coaching team must take place prior to attending on a Monday.
- It should be the aspiration of the junior to attend and not their parents