Avon Valley Runners has appointed two Welfare Officers. The male officer is Alan Button and the female officer is Helen Thorne.
Their roles cover the following responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for member/volunteers, where concerns about a person’s welfare, poor practice or abuse are identified.
- Implement the organisation’s reporting and recording procedures.
- Promote the organisation’s best-practice guidance and/or code of conduct within the club.
- Represent welfare on the club’s committee.
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- Promote an anti-bullying practice.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality is maintained.
If you have any concerns then please talk in person to either Alan or Helen (In confidence), or email them at